rebelseekspizza: (dante pb - hiding)
the feral twin ([personal profile] rebelseekspizza) wrote in [community profile] fandomhigh2026-09-07 10:09 am
Entry tags:

Playing Detective, Monday

There was a guy with long white hair - pulled back in a messy ponytail - sitting on the desk at the front of the classroom. His black-and-red coat hung off his shoulders in a casual kind of way. In fact, he breathed casual in every fiber of his body.

Dante had not planned on getting stuck on Fandom this week, let alone on teaching a class. But it was one hour a week. He could make it work.

"Hey," he said, giving a lazy wave to the class. "My name is Dante. Didn't pick the class or the name, so we're winging it this semester."

At least he said it with confidence?

"I hunt demons back home. Sometimes hunting demons means figuring out what the fuck is going on." He shrugged. "Can't make 'playing detective' any easier than that."

He perched an arm on his leg and looked at the class. "Let's kick this off with the usual," he said. "What's your name, what are you doing there, and have you ever had to figure out what the fuck is going on? Details are cool."
not_a_haint: (caleb is caleb)

Re: Sign In!

[personal profile] not_a_haint 2026-09-07 07:16 pm (UTC)(link)
Caleb Dooley
sairis: (Shifty)

Re: Sign In!

[personal profile] sairis 2026-09-08 12:20 am (UTC)(link)
Sairis Karkaroth
afraid_of_marshmallows: Nathalie Emmanuel from Army of Thieves (Angry - I'm Warning You Glare)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] afraid_of_marshmallows 2026-09-07 06:31 pm (UTC)(link)
"Hi, I'm Arden Finch, I'm here because I've given some thought to becoming a PI the profession of choice for paranormal fantasy heroines everywhere, and I don't know if it counts, but I just spent the last few days trying to figure out what the fuck is going on from my brother's less than helpful texts, because I was a bird when everybody was fighting the devil or something."

Yeah, she was still cranky about this. Both being a bird when she could have been helpful and also what the fuck kind of texts were those, Gray?!?!

Somebody else on the island could relate to this feeling, Arden. Relate a whole lot.
afraid_of_marshmallows: Nathalie Emmanuel in 4 Weddings and a Funeral (Angry - Grant Me Patience)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] afraid_of_marshmallows 2026-09-07 07:12 pm (UTC)(link)
Arden was just aggravated enough to do it. She pulled out her phone, pointed to a text at random and read out, "Hey Arden, guess what! Lucifer had a kid, too! He's stuck in the ring that's stuck on Simon." She scrolled a ways down. "Demons attacked the house and kidnapped Simon and when I woke up everyone had gone to hell without me." That one got a heavy sigh. "Kyo is secretly a half-water dragon prince!" And then she held up a text that was a picture of a throat that had clearly been cut open and was partially healed. Beneath it was a caption that just said It's healing!

Beneath that was a text from Arden that said, WHAT HAPPENED?????? and the reply text was, Oh when the demons kidnapped Simon they cut my throat with celestial steel. Didn't I say that?

And then she read out just a few more for funsies:
Castor and Simon are fine btw
"Okay Castor's gonna need to get all his piercings redone but besides that"
Humans don't need all their fingers right?


[All texts either provided or okay'd by [personal profile] napking!]
Edited 2026-09-07 19:13 (UTC)
afraid_of_marshmallows: Nathalie Emmanuel (Chin Up - Braids)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] afraid_of_marshmallows 2026-09-07 08:03 pm (UTC)(link)
"Hazards of fighting demons for thousands of years, I guess," Arden said with a shrug. And, you know, Brutal Baby Bootcamp, but we didn't talk about that outside the family.
not_a_haint: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] not_a_haint 2026-09-07 07:24 pm (UTC)(link)
"I'm Caleb Dooley, I'm here because I s'pose I might have t' suss out if the cult that was huntin' me as a kid is still lookin'. And I dunno if I ever...I was more th' subject of mystery than th' one tryin' t'solve it."
not_a_haint: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] not_a_haint 2026-09-07 07:49 pm (UTC)(link)
There had been the mystery of who he was, where he had come from. The mystery of what had been done to him, and then he'd been the subject of a missing person's case except he wasn't actually missing. But he'd been too young and traumatized to do any of the detecting himself.

"I think that was one of 'em, sort of."
not_a_haint: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] not_a_haint 2026-09-08 09:24 pm (UTC)(link)
"There was a cult that was lookin' for me and so I got hid among a crowd o' other youngin's. Though th' remoteness of our hidin' place and magical wardin' mighta had more t'do with it than bein' a face in a crowd."
sairis: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] sairis 2026-09-08 12:24 am (UTC)(link)
"I'm Sairis. I thought I might learn some useful tips about discovering information." He was doubtful about that now, if Dante wasn't sure about it.

"I take it demons are a bit more," he gestured vaguely, "rampant? In your world than mine."
sairis: (Shifty)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] sairis 2026-09-08 08:11 pm (UTC)(link)
"That sounds," he searched for the proper word and came up with, "messy. I've summoned a few demons, but letting them loose in the world is rarely a good idea."