tellmehowstuffworks: (casual around the house beaded gown)
Yennefer of Vengerberg ([personal profile] tellmehowstuffworks) wrote in [community profile] fandomhigh2026-07-24 09:54 am

Living Luxuriously, Friday, First Period

The Danger Shop had been programmed to present itself as a luxuriously appointed salon--no, not a hair salon. The other sort of salon. There were heavy curtains and the sort of furniture options one might drape themselves upon (fancy a chaise longue, anyone?) and trays with little nibbles topped with caviar and chocolate truffles were being circulated by the virtual waitstaff, along with champagne.

"Well, I'd hardly call first period luxurious," Yennefer, dressed in a sort of heavily beaded caftan, sighed from where she was, you guessed it, draped on a chaise longue, "but that's the moose for you." She popped a truffle in her mouth, chewed, and swallowed. "I am Yennefer of Vengerberg, this is 'Living Luxuriously,' and I'd like to know what you consider luxuriant." For class ideas. Because Melitele knew she wasn't doing the work herself. "Where I'm from? Apple juice. We don't have refrigeration or the modern pressing technology you probably don't even think of, so it's next to impossible to get out of season. Now you," she said, gesturing vaguely in the general direction of a student.
not_a_haint: (mellow caleb is mellow)

Re: Sign In

[personal profile] not_a_haint 2026-07-24 09:48 pm (UTC)(link)
Caleb Dooley
wildgalegirl: (Default)

Re: Sign In

[personal profile] wildgalegirl 2026-07-27 05:21 am (UTC)(link)
Charlie Gale
intheeyeofthebeholding: (Default)

Re: During Class

[personal profile] intheeyeofthebeholding 2026-07-24 06:27 pm (UTC)(link)
Jon sat gingerly on a chaise. Then he tried to sit back and relax. He looked a bit sharply angled for it, but he was trying.
not_a_haint: (Default)

Re: During Class

[personal profile] not_a_haint 2026-07-24 09:52 pm (UTC)(link)
Caleb was certain (well, almost certain) that he had not signed up for this class. But he'd gotten the impression that some of the teachers hadn't intended to be teaching the classes they were, so it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that he'd been enrolled regardless of his intentions.

That didn't make him feel any less out of place in these surroundings.

And he couldn't quite get comfortable on the chaise. It was like an incomplete sofa and it irked him.
gospel_of_oblivion: (just a kid)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] gospel_of_oblivion 2026-07-24 06:15 pm (UTC)(link)
"Illyana Rasputin, and I still think indoor heated plumbing is pretty luxurious - we did not have it when I was growing up on the farm, or the seven years I spent in a hell plane. I've now been back longer than I was gone, and I still appreciate it every time," Yana said thoughtfully. "Same with ice cream. I love ice cream."
intheeyeofthebeholding: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] intheeyeofthebeholding 2026-07-24 06:29 pm (UTC)(link)
"Jonathan Sims. Erm...I suppose this sort of thing," he gestured at the spa, "is luxurious." Which probably wasn't enough. And it wasn't like he could answer everything Liliana likes (except for corpses). "Or...Well, um. Oh! Hot tubs and hot springs."
intheeyeofthebeholding: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] intheeyeofthebeholding 2026-07-25 02:04 am (UTC)(link)
"It's especially nice in the winter, of course," Jon said, "but even in summer, it's a treat."
not_a_haint: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] not_a_haint 2026-07-24 09:55 pm (UTC)(link)
"Uh, I'm Caleb Dooley and..." Anythin' not strictly needed seemed too vague. "Chocolate, an' pretty much anythin' city folk take for granted."
not_a_haint: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] not_a_haint 2026-07-25 09:23 pm (UTC)(link)
"Uhm, lessee. Runnin' water, I s'pose. We sorta had indoor plumbin', there was a water pump in th' kitchen sink. Havin' a market closer'n a mile's walk maybe?"
wildgalegirl: (Default)

Re: Introductions!

[personal profile] wildgalegirl 2026-07-27 05:25 am (UTC)(link)
"Charlie Gale," she said cheerfully. "And I think it's pretty luxurious to get to lie around all day with a good book or a musical instrument and not have to actually accomplish anything."

Especially if there were no Aunties within yelling distance.

"I have to agree, though, hot tubs are pretty great. "
Edited 2026-07-27 05:25 (UTC)